The ketogenic diet, which has become increasingly popular recently, is based on the body's use of fat instead of glucose as an energy source. The ketogenic diet method is not only used for weight loss. Many people use this method to maintain their health and increase their immunity to diseases. If you want to live healthily or lose weight, you should have a look at the ketogenic diet...
What is Ketogenic Diet?
The ketogenic diet, also known as the low-carb diet, is a type of diet that aims to meet the majority of daily calorie needs with fats in order to ensure that the body produces and burns ketone instead of glucose. It is based on reducing the carbohydrate consumption of the person. The body enters a metabolic state called ketosis when carbohydrate consumption is reduced. The human body in the case of ketosis begins to meet its energy requirement from fats instead of carbohydrates. Fat is converted into ketones in the liver and these ketones can be used to meet the energy needs of all organs, including the brain in the case of ketosis.
The ketogenic diet is specifically recommended by experts, as excessive intake of carbohydrates and sugar in the body is known to increase inflammation in the body, disrupt the immune system, and consequently cause an increase in allergic diseases. There are foods that are free and prohibited to be eaten in the ketogenic diet as with any diet.
What to Eat in the Ketogenic Diet?
- Red meat, turkey meat, white meat, chicken meat, fish varieties, and eggs
- Green vegetables such as avocado, arugula, spinach, cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, etc.
- Tomato, onion, pepper, asparagus, celery, cucumber, pumpkin, cauliflower can be conveniently consumed
- Fatty dairy products such as kasseri cheese, cream, white cheese, yogurt, butter, milk, etc.
- Dried fruits and nuts such as walnuts, pumpkin seeds, nuts, flax seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, cashews, peanuts
- Healthy fats such as coconut oil, avocado oil, black cumin oil, olive oil, sesame oil
- Fruits with a low glycemic index such as blueberries, raspberry, blackberries, etc.
- SousChef Organic Dried Tomato Ketchup, organic mustard, homemade mayonnaise, and also sugar-free salad dressings
- Spices such as basil, thyme, parsley, coriander, rosemary, red pepper, cumin, salt, cinnamon, and pepper
What not to Eat in the Ketogenic Diet?
- Baked foods such as bread, cookies, pasta, dumplings, cake, ravioli, pastry, patty
- Packaged juices, ice cream, coke, fruit mineral water, fruit desserts, sugary tea
- Wheat, corn, rice, oat derived cereal products
- Alcoholic drinks
- Sugar , honey, grape molasses, maple syrup
- Chocolate, chips, breakfast cereal
- Fruits with high sugar content such as apples, melons, bananas, oranges, watermelons
- Root vegetables with high sugar content such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes, carrots, beets
- Sauces and seasonings not made at home because they contain sugar and unhealthy fat
- Beans and legumes
Ketogenic Diet List
Breakfast: 2 water-boiled eggs, basil or parsley, 1 cucumber, 2 green peppers, 50 grams of cheddar cheese, bacon at the half-palm size.
Snack: 1 bowl of yogurt, 4 walnuts
Lunch: Cheese salad with olive oil and 1 ladle of soup
Snack: 1 glass of buttermilk
Dinner: Baked chicken with Jr. SousChef’s Organic Dried Tomato Ketchup and salad with olive oil
Midnight snack: 10 raw almonds
Keto Stuffed Vine Leaves Recipe
- Vine leaves
- 3-4 medium size onions
- Small cauliflower
- Half a bunch of parsley
- Optionally 3/4 bunch of dill
- 3/4 bunch of fresh mint
- 300 grams minced meat
- One tbsp. SousChef tomato paste
- One tbsp. red pepper paste
- Salt, chili flakes, chili powder, black pepper, cumin, allspice
- One dstspn. of dried mint
- Lemon to taste
- Olive oil
After finely cutting the onions, fry in the saucepan with olive oil. Add the minced meat to the roasted onions and continue to roast. Add a spoonful of tomato paste, a spoonful of pepper paste, and spices to the onion and minced meat. Cook for another 3 minutes. Chop the cauliflower in the food processor until it is the size of a grain of rice. Add the cauliflower you chopped in the food processor to the pot and cook for another 2 minutes and turn off the stove. Then add the parsley, dill, fresh mint, and mix. When it cools down a little, you can stuff your leaves and wrap.
You can put the parsley stems at the bottom of the pot before you put the wrapped leaves in the pot. You can finely slice and place the lemons on top if you want after stacking the leaves tightly. Then, mix a spoonful of tomato paste with some salt and hot water in a bowl, and pour it over the stuffed leaves. Add water and olive oil to the pot in a way that it does not exceed the stuffed leaves. Allow to cook over medium heat. Pour some olive oil on the stuffed leaves five minutes before turning off the stove. This will make the leaves both brighter and more delicious.
Keto Meatball Recipe
- 500 grams minced meat
- 1 small onion
- Half a glass of almond flour
- 1 egg
- 5-6 sprigs of parsley
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
Chop the onions in a blender and finely dice the parsley. Then, place all the ingredients in the mixing bowl and knead well. You can shape the meatballs as you wish after resting them in the fridge for half an hour. You can cook them in a pan or bake them in the oven, and sweeten them with sugar-free Jr. SousChef's Organic Dried Tomato Ketchup.
Remember, you don't have to starve for days to have a healthy and thin appearance. Looking healthy and thin is about how you eat. If you want yourself and your family to eat healthy while preparing delicious meals for each other, you can use Jr. SousChef's completely organic, healthy, and natural products in your meals. In this way you will break your ketogenic diet.