Mezes are one of the most delicious side dishes. Meze varieties can be consumed alone or they are included as a flavor complement in addition to meat and vegetables in dinner. They can be easily prepared. The biggest trick of preparing mezes is that the ingredients are fresh and natural. You can protect your health while increasing the flavor of the meze with non-additive ingredients. How about exploring mezes that you can't get enough of and can easily prepare? In that case, different meze recipes that will cheer you up...
One of the easy meze recipes, the walnut tarator is as delicious as it is easy. It is one of the meze varieties that can be spread on your bread at breakfast or eaten as a meze at dinner.
- Take 1/2 glass of walnut into the food processor and process it until it becomes thin.
- Then add 2 tbsp. tomato paste, 2 tbsp. pepper paste, 100 ml. olive oil, 1/2 glass bread crumbs, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. dried mint, 1 tsp. black pepper, and 1 tsp. salt on the walnuts in the food processor, and run the processor until they are puréed.
- You can put it on the serving plate and decorate it as you wish.
Muhammara, which has many different versions, is another of the practical meze recipes. You can use melba toast or stale bread in muhammara, which will be at the top of the list of meze varieties, and you can add your favorite spices to it.
- Chop 4 bell peppers and put them in the food processor.
- Add 4 pieces of melba toast, 1/2 bowl of walnuts, 2 cloves of garlic, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the food processor and run the processor.
- Take this mixture into a mixing bowl with 1 tbsp. tomato paste, 1 tbsp. pepper paste, 1/2 lemon juice, 1 dstspn. salt, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. cumin and 2 tbsp. Jr. SousChef’s organic pomegranate molasses and mix thoroughly.
- You can decorate it by adding olive oil and a little more pomegranate molasses on the serving plate lastly.
Hot Spicy Tomato Dip
Hot spicy tomato dip is included in cold meze recipes. It is one of the meze recipes that will accompany fish, chicken, and meat dishes very well with its mild hotness and taste.
- Grate 4 tomatoes. If the tomatoes are too watery, drain their water a little. (You can also make a good hot spicy tomato dip by filtering Jr. SousChef’s tomato purée)
- Grate 1 cucumber.
- Finely chop 1 long green chiles and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add 1 dstspn. pepper and tomato paste, 1 tsp. chili flakes, 1 tsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. sumac, 1 tsp. dry mint, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. Jr. SousChef’s organic pomegranate molasses, 1 dstspn. apple vinegar on tomatoes, cucumbers, long green chiles, and garlic, and mix.
- Then put it on the serving plate and decorate it with fresh basil or fresh mint.
Perhaps the most well-known of the mezes are carrot mezes. It is one of the meze varieties that will easily find a place for teatime and dinner.
- Wash 2 zucchinis and 2 carrots and grate in separate containers.
- Then roast the zucchini over low heat with 3 spoonfuls of oil.
- Add the carrots and continue to roast after the zucchinis release juice and absorb it again.
- Allow this mixture to cool and mix with 5 spoonfuls of strained yogurt, 2 cloves of garlic, some water, and salt.
- Mix the vegetable mixture with yogurt and add 1/2 glass of crushed walnuts and mix.
- You can put it on the serving plate and decorate it with parsley.
The first thing that comes to mind when it comes to mezes among all meze recipes and meze varieties is topik. You should definitely try this delicacy that fascinates whoever eats it.
- Put 5 medium onions into a pan after chopping.
- Add salt and sugar, and roast until pink.
- After soaking 1 tablespoon of the raisins in hot water for a while, add 1 tablespoon of the pine nut to the onion and roast.
- Add 1/2 glass of tahini over the onions.
- Then chop 2 boiled potatoes and 1 glass of boiled chickpeas in the blender. Add 1/2 glass of tahini and salt to it and mix.
- Divide this mixture into 6, spread each piece one by one on the cling film, put the onion mixture into it, and turn it into a ball with the cling film.
- You can add lemon juice and cinnamon to them.
You can use Jr. SousChef's 100% natural organic pomegranate molasses and organic tomato purée products when preparing our meze recipes and other meze varieties. The products produced with the ingredients Jr. SousChef carefully grows and chooses for you will add a delicious flavor to your mezes.